The Benchmark for Web Servers
We've just released WebStone 2.5. Both executable and source code
are available for free and will stay that way. The highlights of the new
- It's much more reliable.
- Tests are reproducible. The previous version of WebStone used a time of day random seed.
Now it can optionally use a fixed random seed.
- WebStone 2.5 comes with a new license designed to encourage you to contribute
enhancements while protecting you and your company from liability.
- There is an optional new dynamic workload that simulates ad rotation.
- WebStone 2.5 results can be compared to WebStone 2.01 results (unless you use the new
Mindcraft wants to encourage the WebStone community to make enhancements for everyone
to use. The most popular WebStone enhancement requests are:
- SSL support
- POST support
- HTTP 1.1 support
- Cookie support
- Dynamic workloads with database access
- HTTP 1.0 keep-alive support
- The ability to send different headers
- Support for a large number of URLs
- Pre-compiled executables for more systems
Please let us know if you are interested in
contributing code to the WebStone community in these or other areas.
Mindcraft will freely redistribute contributed WebStone enhancements.
WebStone Mailing List
Join the WebStone mailing list to keep in touch with the latest information about
WebStone and to receive help and comments from the WebStone community:
To subscribe send the following message to email@example.com:
To remove yourself from the WebStone email list send the following message to firstname.lastname@example.org:
If you want to send public email to the WebStone mailing list, send it to email@example.com.
If you want to send private email to Mindcraft about WebStone, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read the WebStone Public License before obtaining
either source or executable code for WebStone 2.5. By downloading any WebStone 2.5 source or executable code you agree to be bound by
this license agreement..
If you are interested in WebStone 2.01, you can still get it.