The Benchmark for Web Servers
We have created a Web-based
forum to replace the WebStone mailing list. We did this to reduce the
spamming that the list attracted and to provide a more useful way for the
WebStone community to interact. Let us know what you think. This WebStone
forum is available now! The old email list will go away on March 1,
Both executable and source code
for WebStone 2.5 are available for free and will stay that way. The highlights of the new
- It's much more reliable.
- Tests are reproducible. The previous version of WebStone used a time of day random seed.
Now it can optionally use a fixed random seed.
- WebStone 2.5 comes with a new license designed to encourage you to contribute
enhancements while protecting you and your company from liability.
- There is an optional new dynamic workload that simulates ad rotation.
- WebStone 2.5 results can be compared to WebStone 2.01 results (unless you use the new
Mindcraft wants to encourage the WebStone community to make enhancements for everyone
to use. The most popular WebStone enhancement requests are:
- SSL support
- POST support
- HTTP 1.1 support
- Cookie support
- Dynamic workloads with database access
- HTTP 1.0 keep-alive support
- The ability to send different headers
- Support for a large number of URLs
- Pre-compiled executables for more systems
Please let us know if you are interested in
contributing code to the WebStone community in these or other areas.
Mindcraft will freely redistribute contributed WebStone enhancements.
WebStone Mailing List
The WebStone mailing list will cease operation on March 1, 2002. It has
already been replaced by the WebStone
forum, a Web-based discussion group that should provide a better way
for the WebStone community to interact (as well as eliminating spam).
If you want to send private email to Mindcraft about WebStone, send it to email@example.com.
Please read the WebStone Public License before obtaining
either source or executable code for WebStone 2.5. By downloading any WebStone 2.5 source or executable code you agree to be bound by
this license agreement..
If you are interested in WebStone 2.01, you can still get it.